Dr. Bhagwat Sharma
MBBS , MS - Orthopaedics, MAMC
Dr. Bhagwat Prashad Sharma has done his MBBS from the prestigious Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi. After completing his postgraduation in MS Orthopaedics (2003 to 2006) from University College of Medical Sciences, Delhi, he has served as senior resident orthopaedics in Fortis Hospital, Noida and GTB Hospital, Delhi from 2006 to 2009. Since 2010 he has been working as Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon and has been attached with Jaipur Golden Hospital (Rohini), Saroj Hospital (Rohini), and Sri Balaji Action Hospital (Paschim Vihar). He has several publications and presentations to his name.
Thesis / Research Experience
Evaluation of outcome of treatment of thoracolumbar spine injuries. Department of Orthopaedics, University College of Medical Sciences, Delhi, March 2003 to April 2005.
- Bhagwat P, Jain AK, Dhammi IK. Tarlov cyst: Case report and review of literature. IJO 2007; 41.
- Aggarwal AN, Jain AK, Kumar S, Dhammi IK, Bhagwat P.
Reconstructive procedures for segmental resection of bone in giant cell tumors around the knee. IJO 2007;41.
- Jain AK, Dhammi IK, Prashad B, Sinha S, Mishra P. Simultaneous anterior decompression and posterior instrumentation of the tuberculous spine using an anterolateral extrapleural approach. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2008. Nov;90(11):1477-81.
- Chapter on “Conservative treatment of femoral Shaft Fracture in Adults” in CME, 2008
Elected as Editorial Board Member of Indian Journal of Orthopaedics in 2008, for a duration of three year.
- Presented paper on “Evaluation of outcome of treatment of thoracolumbar spine injuries” in IOACON 2006.
- Presented poster on “A new approach to thoracolumbar junction” in IOACON 2006.
- Presented case in INDOUK CME organized by Delhi Orthopaedic Association in February 2007.
- Presented case in Interdepartmental College Meet in UCMS.
Conferences/ Workshops Attended
- XII Continuing Orthopaedic Education Course - Spine, 18-21 September 2003, New Delhi.
- Participated in PG QUIZ in DOACON 2006.
- Instructional Course 2005, Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi.
- Current Concepts in Arthroplasty - 18-19 September, 2004, AIIMS, New Delhi.
- DOA Hip Symposium - 2005, Banarasi Chandiwala Institute, New Delhi.
- Spine Symposium - 2006, Maharaja Agrasen Hospital, New Delhi.
- Annual Conference of Indian Orthopaedic Associatio, 51st IOACON, 2006, New Delhi.
- Workshop on Interlock Nailing organized by UCMS, Delhi in IOACON 2006.
- Workshop on Osteosynthesis organized by UCMS, Delhi in IOACON 2006.
- INDOUK CME organized by Delhi Orthopaedic Association in February 2007.